Microsoft Corp. announces SP2 for SNA Server 4.0
- By Scott Bekker
With the release of Service Pack 2 (SP2), SNA Server enhances its ability to provide organizations with the tools they need to preserve their investment in existing legacy systems while moving to newer computing models including client/server & web-to-host computing.
Among the features that make this possible:
- OLE DB Provider for AS/400 & VSAM
- OLE DB provider for DB2 for multi-platform DB2 access.
- COM Transaction Integrator (COM TI) for CICS & IMS enhancements
- COM TI with 2 Phase Commit for IMS Version 6
- TCP/IP support for COM TI
- MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge
- Enhanced MMC Snap-Ins
These technologies benefit customers by integrating multiple platforms with Microsoft technology for flexible, low cost, high performance integrated solutions. -- Thomas Sullivan, Staff Reporter/Reviews Editor
Scott Bekker is editor in chief of Redmond Channel Partner magazine.