Encryption for End Users: What IT Managers Need to Know
Date: Tuesday, May 7th at 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET
Subject matter expert: John O'Neill, Microsoft MVP
Moderator: Lafe Low
When it comes to end-user security, hard-drive encryption is a key pillar to consider for your security strategy. Yet while it adds a layer of security and can be required for compliance, it also adds some challenges and creates risks of accidental data loss on individual PCs.
In this editorial webcast, Redmond magazine explores key pros and cons to consider when considering encrypting end users disks, including:
- Security benefits, including specific threats that encryption protects against
- Compliance requirements
- Deployment considerations
- Effective policies to ensure end users don't lose their passwords
- Backup policies that must be in place when drive encryption is in use
- Frameworks for determining which groups of users should get encryption and which groups shouldn't
Attend this webinar and make sure your end-user encryption policies are up-to-date!