Podcast: Managing and Protecting Your Data and Applications in an Increasingly Hybrid Cloud World
In 2020, the worldwide hybrid cloud market was worth an estimated 56 billion U.S. dollars, and industry watchers such as Gartner expect that market to be worth upwards of 145 billion in 2026. The proliferation of this evolving mix of internal and external clouds presents mission-critical challenges to the enterprise. So, the question emerges: How do you manage and protect your data and applications effectively in a hybrid cloud environment?
To answer that question, Silicon Valley-based journalist and author John K. Waters talks with two experts in the field: Ronnie Kaftal and Shai Nuni, who manage the Metallic International organization at Commvault. Mr. Kaftal built and manages the company's sales engineering team for Israel and Africa before being promoted to Director of Engineering, International. Mr. Nuni was the first country manager for Israel and then Regional Sales Director for Israel and Africa before being promoted to VP of Sales for Metallic (International). Both have more than a decade of experience with data protection and disaster recovery projects.
In this Podcast, you will learn:
- Why so many organizations are opting for mixed computing, storage, and services environments made up of on-prem infrastructure, private cloud services, and a public cloud known as hybrid cloud.
- The risks to organizations running in a combination of on-prem and cloud environments without a hybrid cloud strategy in place.
- What constitutes an effective hybrid cloud strategy.
- The best way to deal with older applications and systems in a hybrid cloud environment when it comes to backup and recovery.
- The impact of ransomware on companies using a hybrid cloud platform.
- The most important things to look for in a cloud data management platform.