Best Practices for using the Cloud for Backup, Disaster Recovery, and Long-term Retention
Date: Wednesday, March 16 at 11am PT / 2pm ET
Everything is not the same for applications and data, so why treat everything the same when it comes to cloud and data protection? Public cloud storage offers immense scalability, flexibility, resiliency, and cost-effective solution options for data protection and cyber resiliency. However, decision-making, including evaluating which technology and solution are best for your needs while keeping storage costs to a minimum without compromise, is critical.
Join Greg Schulz, Sr. Analyst & Microsoft MVP at StorageIO, and Adrian Moir, Data Protection Technology Strategist at Quest Software, for an interactive discussion. Adrian and Greg will discuss trends, techniques, and best practices in optimizing cloud object storage for backup, disaster recovery, and long-term data retention.
What you will learn:
- Using the cloud to protect, preserve and secure app's and their data
- Protect on-prem, edge, and cloud-based app's and their data
- Enhance recovery and cyber resiliency while reducing costs
- Replication and cloud tiering for DR and long-term retention needs
- Cloud storage and data protection decision making
- How to evaluate and select the proper cloud storage for your needs
- Role of cloud object storage as a data protection enabler
About the presenters:
Greg Schulz, Sr. Analyst & Microsoft MVP, StorageIO
Adrian Moir, Quest Technology Strategist, Quest Software