Free Re-Take of MCP Exams
Pearson VUE is offering a free re-take on select MCP exams to anyone who fails an exam between April 30 and June 30.
According to a recent post on Microsoft's certification newsgroups, Pearson
VUE is offering a free re-take on selected exams that candidates failed
to pass. The retake is good only on exams taken between April 30 and July
1 and only for U.S. candidates.
The exam list includes:
- 70-270, Windows XP
- 70-290, Managing Windows 2003 Server
- 70-291, Managing a Windows 2003 Server Network
- 70-292, MCSA Upgrade
- 70-293, Planning a Windows 2003 Server Network
- 70-294, Planning Windows 2003 Server Active Directory Infrastructure
- 70-296, MCSE Upgrade
- 70-297, Designing Windows 2003 Active Directory
- 70-298, Designign Windows 2003 Security
The failed exam must be taken by July 30.
The offer is not posted on the Pearson VUE site, but information on the
offer is available via an obscure link that can be found by clicking
here. According to information at that link, eligible candidates
have been asked to call Pearson VUE and ask for the "Second Shot"
Also available at that
link is information on how candidates who take selected training
courses can obtain a free, not-for-resale copy of Windows Server 2003.
To read the original post at the Microsoft newsgroup, click
Michael Domingo has held several positions at 1105 Media, and is currently the editor in chief of Visual Studio Magazine.