Microsoft Puts Passel of Exams on Chopping Block
Included on list: 70-098, Windows 98 and exams for Exchange 5.0/5.5.
On July 2, Microsoft announced it will discontinue the following exams
on June 30, 2003:
- 70-056: Implementing and Supporting Web Sites Using Site Server 3.0
- 70-057: Designing and Implementing Commerce Solutions with Site Server
3.0, Commerce Edition
- 70-080: Implementing and Supporting Internet Explorer 5.0 by Using
the Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit
- 70-081: Implementing and Supporting Exchange Server 5.5
- 70-085: Implementing and Supporting SNA Server 4.0
- 70-088: Implementing and Supporting Proxy Server 2.0
- 70-091: Designing and Implementing Solutions with Office 2000 and
Visual Basic for Applications
- 70-098: Implementing and Supporting Windows 98
- 70-105: Designing and Implementing Collaborative Solutions with Outlook
2000 and Exchange Server 5.5
While the exams will be retired next year, any certifications earned
by these exams will remain valid, Microsoft said.
Microsoft typically limits exam discontinuation announcements to once
a year, usually in June. (See "Discontinuation
of Exams" on the Microsoft MCP Web site.)
Michael Domingo is Editor in Chief of Virtualization Review. He's been an IT writer and editor for so long that he remember typing out news items in WordStar.